ICT Watch is the initiator of Internet Sehat in 2002, a digital literacy advocacy campaign that still consistently serve Indonesian community until today. In May 2016 at Geneva, ICT Watch gained an international achievement, the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Champion award, from the United Nations (UN) – International Telecommunication Union (ITU). UN / ITU considered that the Internet Sehat program is a model of strategy for delivering online ethics and digital literacy advocacy to the public.
In August 2014 at Jakarta, ICT Watch also received national acknowledgement, the Tasrif Award from Indonesian Independent Journalists Alliance (AJI). AJI believed that ICT Watch has given significant role in the democratization of the Internet as well as promotes the Internet as a medium for fulfillment the citizen’s right to information.
In carrying out the activities and programs, ICT Watch warmly collaboration with multistakeholder. ICT Watch is also one of the initiators and activists for several iniatives, such as Southeast Asia Freedom of Expression Network (SAFEnet), Indonesian CSOs Network for Internet Governance (ID-CONFIG), Indonesia Internet Governance Forum (ID-IGF) and Indonesia Child Online Protection (ID-COP).
“The establishment of Internet governance ecosystem that protects and fulfills citizen’s rights to information and freedom of expressions, as well as strategically utilizes Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), including Internet, as mandated by the Indonesian Constitution”.
- To develop Indonesian people awareness, emphasis on parents and teachers, on the use of ICT /Internet safely and wisely by children and students. (INTERNET SAFETY)
- To empower Southeast Asia civil societies, especially freedom of expression activists, by together developing the knowledge and capacity to use ICT / Internet appropriately. (INTERNET RIGHTS).
- To support global multistakeholder dialogue in ICT and Internet Governance whilst upholding the key principles of transparency, accountability, equality and democracy. (INTERNET GOVERNANCE).
ICT Watch legally registered by the Indonesian Ministry of Law and Human Rights on 31 December 2008 in Jakarta, with the name “Perkumpulan Mitra TIK Indonesia”. ICT Watch also provides several digital literacy materials (in Bahasa Indonesia) under Creative Common Licensed (free-to-use) such as booklets, bulletins and documentary movies for parents and teachers, and may be downloaded at http://internetsehat.id/literasi
* Board of Advisory: Onno W Purbo, Yan Aryanto, Dewi W Ningrum.
* Board of Management: Heru Tjatur, Mukhlis Ifransah, Acep Syaripudin,
* Board of Executive
— Executive Director: Donny B.U.
— Deputy Director: Widuri
— Program Coordinator: Eddy Prayitno (Matahari Timoer)
— Program Caretaker:
——- Internet Safety: Eri Kasman Gafar, Denden Sofiudin
——- Internet Rights: Damar Juniarto, Almascatie
——- Internet Governance: Indriyatno Banyumurti, Sherly Haristya
— Operation Officer
——- Finance & Administration: Nur Alfiah, Siti Hanafiah
——- IT Research & Development : Akhfiyan Qoyyum, Andri Johandri
* Partners: Frenavit Putra, Hersinta, Victor Elvino (Ndaru), Nike Febbysta Andaru