ICT Watch is the initiator of Internet Sehat (cyber wellness) in 2002, a digital literacy advocacy campaign that still consistently serve Indonesian community until today. In August 2014 at Jakarta, ICT Watch received national acknowledgement, the Tasrif Award from Indonesian Independent Journalists Alliance (AJI). AJI believed that ICT Watch has given significant role in the democratization of the Internet as well as promotes the Internet as a medium for fulfillment the citizen’s right to information.
In May 2016 at Geneva, ICT Watch gained an international achievement, the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Champion (runner-up) award, from the United Nations (UN) – International Telecommunication Union (ITU), under the “Ethical Dimensions of the Information Society” category. UN / ITU considered that the Internet Sehat program is a model of strategy for delivering online ethics and digital literacy advocacy to the public.
In June 2017, for the same award and category, ICT Watch selected as the WSIS 2017 first winner.
In carrying out the activities and programs, ICT Watch warmly collaboration with multistakeholder. ICT Watch is also one of the co-initiators and active for several initiatives, such as Southeast Asia Freedom of Expression Network (SAFEnet), Indonesia Internet Governance Forum (ID-IGF), Indonesia Child Online Protection (ID-COP) and SIBERKREASI Digital Literacy National Movement.
“The establishment of Internet governance ecosystem that protects and fulfills citizen’s rights to information and freedom of expressions, as well as strategically utilizes Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), including Internet, as mandated by the Indonesian Constitution”.
- To develop Indonesian people awareness, emphasis on parents and teachers, on the use of ICT /Internet safely and wisely by children and students. (INTERNET SAFETY)
- To empower Southeast Asia civil societies, especially freedom of expression activists, by together developing the knowledge and capacity to use ICT / Internet appropriately. (INTERNET RIGHTS).
- To support global multistakeholder dialogue in ICT and Internet Governance whilst upholding the key principles of transparency, accountability, equality and democracy. (INTERNET GOVERNANCE).
ICT Watch legally registered by the Indonesian Ministry of Law and Human Rights on 31 December 2008 in Jakarta, with the name “Perkumpulan Mitra TIK Indonesia”.
* Board of Advisory: Onno W Purbo, Maria Advianti, Yan Aryanto, Rapin Mudiardjo
* Board of Management: Mukhlis Ifransah, Dewi W Ningrum, Heru Tjatur
* Board of Executive
— Executive Director: Widuri (act.)
— Program and Partnership Coordinator: Indriyatno Banyumurti
— Digital Literacy Coordinator:
——- Internet Safety: Acep Syaripudin
——- Internet Rights: Eddy Prayitno (Matahari Timoer)
——- Internet Governance: Donny B.U.
— Operation Officer:
——- Finance & Administration: Siti Hanafiah, Eli Yuliana (Anazkia)
——- IT Research & Development: Akhfiyan Qoyyum, Frenavit Putra
——- Community Development: Denden Sofiudin, Eri Kasman Gafar
* Partners: Almascatie, Andri Johandri, Damar Juniarto, Hersinta, Nike Febbysta Andaru, Sherly Haristya